IUSM Students and House staff
Suzanne Kunkle, PhD. licensed psychologist, is available to assist IUSM students and house staff at the IUPUI Campus Health, Coleman Hall, Suite 100, 1140 West Michigan Street. For those at outlying campuses you may also schedule a phone or televideo appointment with Dr. Kunkle.
Scheduling An Appointment
The most efficient way to make an appointment is through the Campus Health Portal. To do this you must be web enabled via Campus Health. If not follow these steps. Those that are already web enabled can begin with step 3. If you prefer, you call 317-274-8214.
Dr. Kunkle's schedule is:
- Monday & Tuesday noon — last appt. at 6 pm;
- Wednesday & Thursday Noon — last appt. at 4pm;
- Friday noon — last appointment is at 3pm.
Acquiring Web Access
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be web enabled.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to the portal, a username and password.
- Log into the portal within 48 hours.
- Enter your user name and password (included in the email ) to log in.
- Go to the side bar to book a new appointment at IUPUI Campus Health
- Click on provider: Kunkle, Suzanne
- Check Visit type: ConsultAdm (Initial appointment) or Consult (follow up visits)
- Click Search
- Open dates will be shown. Click the slots that works or modify your search. Click within the date box to open a calendar to select a different day.
- Click schedule when you find a time that fits your schedule.
- Yes if you want the time
- You will then receive a confirmation email.
- Print Dr. Kunkle's Intake Forms found below. The forms may take you 30–45 minutes to complete so please allow ample time.
- Bring the completed intake forms to your initial appointment.
To make the best use of your appointment time, please complete and bring the INTAKE QUESTIONNAIRE AND ALL CONSENT FORMS to your first appointment.
- The teletherapy consent for is provided in case we have phone contact at any time or web sessions. Please complete. The video consent is optional However, it can be an invaluable tool for your review and enhance your learning.
- Paperwork may take you 30-45 minutes to complete so please allow ample time before our appointment to complete.
- COUPLES: BOTH individuals need to complete INTAKE and CONSENT forms.
- Intake Questionnaire
- Teletherapy Services Agreement and Informed Consent
- Authorization for Treatment and Informed Consent
- Client's Bill of Rights
- HIPPA Notice
For after hours emergency go to your nearest emergency room or call 911.
For students at our outlying campuses please go to this section on this page for your specific emergency resources.
If you are unable to keep your appointment we ask for a 24 hour notice so that we can offer that time to one of your colleagues. Please email email@example.com to cancel/reschedule. Include several days and times when you are available. We recognize that your schedules are often very dynamic and make appropriate allowances. Please read the following information carefully. The Same-Day-Call policy can be enacted if you fail to attend two consecutive sessions and give 24 hour notice. The counselor may then require that your name be placed on a "same day schedule list." You must then call on the same day an appointment is desired and is scheduled if time permits. The counselor may take you off of the “same day schedule list” at his/her discretion. The Administrative Staff will be notified if the counselor implements or removes your name from the Same-Day-Call policy so that you may be scheduled correctly.
If you have questions during normal business hours call: 317-274-8214 and speak with the front desk and they will relay a message to me.
My location: IUPUI Student Health Services in Coleman Hall. Coleman Hall is located on 1140 W. Michigan St. Suite 100 (http://www.iupui.edu/map/). You will check in at the front desk.
For appointments AFTER 5pm:
- Call 317-278-8366 and ask to be admitted into the building.
Parking: park at any of the student/physician lots according to your entry pass. We cannot validate parking passes. Check the Campus Map.
Check out the IUSM Wellness webpage. Counseling Services and Wellness' e-mail is not monitored outside of regular business hours. Do not use for emergency situations.
24-Hour Crisis Numbers
Local 24-Hour Crisis numbers:
- 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room
- Crisis & Suicide Hotline (317) 251-7575
- Local Crisis Suicide Prevention and Text line: text CSIS to 85511
- Eskanazi Midtown Mental (317) 880-8485
- Aspire (800) 560-4038
National 24-hour Hotlines
- National Hopeline Network 1-800-422-HOPE (4673)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- The Trevor Lifeline (866) 488-7386
If you need assistance with any referrals you may contact Dr. Kunkle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under IU Health Insurance
For students covered under the IU Health Insurance plan, please visit this page to find a provider in your area: http://hr.iu.edu/benefits/students.html by clicking on “Find a preferred provider” under the FAQ section on the right side of the page.
You may also see a provider covered by another plan. You will need to visit their webpage and look for the listing of behavioral health providers in your area.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
In addition, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is also available to see students.
Same day crisis appointments will be arranged for students experiencing:
- Suicidal thoughts;
- Having difficulty completing typical daily tasks; and/or
- Facing an acute stressor that threatens the safety of self or others.
Walker Plaza, Suite 220
719 Indiana Avenue
Phone: (317) 274-2548
Indiana University Student Health Services
Michael Wenzler, MD.
Kiply Myers, MD.
600 N. Jordan Ave.
Bloomington, IN 47405
After hours coverage:
(812) 855-5711 to speak to a crisis counselor
IUSM Fort Wayne
Student Assistance Program
111 Walb Student Union
Phone No. 260-266-8060 or 800-721-8809
(260) 373-7500 for 24 hours coverage
IUSM West Lafayette
College of Veterinary Medicine
Counseling service is available to IUSM Medical Students.
Contact: Dr. Luana Nan (email@example.com)
CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services)
Counselors, Psychiatrists, Testing and Evaluation for ADD are available
Initial workup and a limited number of sessions are free, fees may apply for subsequent care
Student Health Center
601 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Fax (765) 496-2139
Psychological Sciences Bldg
703 Third Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Fax (765) 496-3004
Purdue Counseling and Guidance Center
Free counseling is available- staffed by graduate psychology counseling students supervised by faculty from the Counseling Psychology Program.
Beering Hall, College of Education
100 North University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2098
Phone: (765) 494-9738
Office of the Dean of Students
Schleman Hall, Room 207
Counselors in the Office of the Dean of Students provide confidential assistance for students who need help in understanding themselves, in making adjustments and decisions based on insight gained in a counseling relationship, in accepting responsibility for their choices, and in following a course of action to resolve the smallest or largest of problems.
Our counselors deal with concerns and issues as diverse as the student body. Being respectful of all people is important and counselors help students and others understand and appreciate cultural, ethnic, regional, group, and individual differences. If you or someone you know would benefit from these services, call for an appointment, (765) 494-1747.
Counseling services are located in Schleman Hall, Room 207
2000 University Ave
Lucina Hall Rm 320
Ellen Lucas, PhD.
Muncie, IN 47306
Ball State University
After hours: (765) 747-7330. (The on call counselor will be paged)
IUN Student Counseling Center
Barbara Bullock, LCSW
Student Personal Counselor
Regional Mental Health www.regionalmentalhealth.org
8555 Taft Street
3903 Indianapolis Boulevard
1409 East 84th Place
Porter Starke Services - www.porterstarke.org
601 Wall Street
Valparaiso, IN 46383
3176 Lancer Street
Portage, IN 46368
IUSM South Bend
403 E. Madison Street
South Bend, Indiana 46617
24-HOUR HELP LINE: (574) 234-0061
Toll Free: (877) 234-0061
IUSM Terre Haute
Mental Health Wellness
° Murphy Urban Associates Psychological Services - 2740 S. 7th Street - Terre Haute, IN 47809 - (812) 235-6121
° John Gonzales, MD - 501 E Hospital Ln, Suite 206, Terre Haute, IN - (812) 232-5518
° Mathews John, MD - 4733 S 7th St, Terre Haute, IN - (812) 234-4899