2017 Match Day
Match Day for the class of 2017 will be held on Friday, March 17 in the Van Nuys Medical Science Atrium on the IU School of Medicine Campus.
IU School of Medicine students will join medical students from across the nation to open their envelopes with details provided by the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) at precisely noon, EST to determine where they will spend the next chapter of their lives in medicine.
We look forward to hosting families and students from across the state to celebrate and showcase the IU School of Medicine, Indianapolis Campus.
Match Day 2017 timeline at a glance (all times are approximate):
|10:00 a.m.||Come early for a tour and open house! Take a self-guided tour of the campus to see the rooftop garden at Eskenazi Hospital, take a ride on the People Mover to the Canal and Neuroscience Building or take a family picture in front of the Titanium Wall in Walther Hall. School leaders and department heads will be available to mingle with students & families in the Van Nuys Medical Science Building and refreshments will be available in designated areas.|
|11:30 a.m.||The official program will kick off in the Van Nuys Medical Science Atrium (standing room only) with additional viewing (and seating) on the 2nd floor balcony and MS B26 auditorium. Live streaming will be available in various, designated spaces throughout the building.|
|11:45 a.m.||Students will obtain their envelope (per instructions provided)|
|12:00 p.m.||Countdown to noon in the Atrium! Students find out where they will spend the next several years of their medical career in the company of friends, family, faculty and staff|
|12:15 p.m.||Students will have an opportunity to share where they will be spending the next step in their medical career on stage and add their Match information on an interactive, digital map (per instructions provided)|
|1:30 p.m.||The program will conclude shortly after the last name is read on stage. Students can celebrate with family by going to lunch or take time to relax before attending the class sponsored Match Day part|
Visitor parking is available at many areas on campus and would suggest Vermont Street Garage ((XB) off of Michigan) or Lockefield Garage ((XA) University & Walnut) as good options.
2016 Match Day Info
Students in the IU School of Medicine Class of 2016, who will receive their medical degrees May 7, accepted residency positions in 34 states. Among the Match Day highlights:
- 35 percent of the students will pursue at least part of their residencies in Indiana.
- 69 students will be residents at IU Hospital, Riley Hospital for Children, other IU Health facilities, Eskenazi Health Services or the Roudebush VA Medical Center.
- 48 percent of IU School of Medicine graduates will enter primary-care programs, which include internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology, primary internal medicine and combined internal medicine-pediatrics.
Full video with audio is available here!
Match Day in the News
IUSM's 2016 Match Day was featured in the news:
- Indy Star 'Match Day' moment of truth
- WFYI Students Celebrate Match Day at IU School of Medicine
- WBIU IU Medical Students Participate In Residency Match Training
- The Indianapolis Business Journal The nail-biting is over for medical students