Check out the Class of 2017 academic calendar.
Student Affairs Information
Student Affairs is located in the Van Nuys Medical Science Building. The registrars office is located in MS 162 is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
MSE Registrar — 317-274-1973
For individual contact information, please see the MSE staff page.
Clerkship and Electives FAQs
1) Do we rank which order we schedule each rotation?
The preferencing screen allows students to show which rotation they want, where, and when. If a center has a spot during the time they want the rotation, they can preference that center. The centers do not have spots for Indy students for all clerkships for all rotations, only some. They enter their preferences in order of preference. So, whatever they want the most should be listed at the top of their preferences.
2) Do we get to rank which hospital we do each rotation?
Not through the Registrar’s office. Students will be asked by each clerkship to rank their preferences for site and sometimes service for that specific clerkship. The only exception to this is for Emergency Medicine in the fourth year. Students can preference by rotation and site. This may be something to shoot for next year, but the clerkships are asking to assign this year.
3) What are options for electives?
See elective catalog and talk with a lead advisor
4) Are we going to have each Medicine rotation consecutively (4 weeks followed by 4 weeks) (same for Peds, Gensurg/Surg subspecialty)?
Yes, the 8 week clerkships are scheduled as an 8 week rotation, not 2 separate 4-week rotations. Although they may potentially switch locations in between the four weeks.
IU Health Access
IU Health Physician Education (covers all your health systems access such as CareWeb, Cerner, etc.)
Please go to Financial Aid webpage for more information.
Email and Pager
Email and Pager Information
Keep your IUPUI email address after graduation
Pager Service — Who to contact, manuals, etc.
— including details and deadlines —
Helping Our Students Travel
The IU Alumni HOST Program provides free housing in residency interview cities and supplies local insight, networking and mentoring.
- NRMP — National Resident Matching Program, a private, not-for-profit corporation established in 1952
- Residency Resource Portal —a collection of links, data, and reports that provides a good starting point for your residency search and application
- NRMP Results and Data - 2013 Main Residency Match
- Roadmap to Residency — Entering the Home Stretch
- ERAS — Electronic Residency Application Service, a program of the AAMC
- ERAS Frequently Asked Questions
- FREIDA — FREIDA Online is a database with over 8,700 graduate medical education programs
- Careers in Medicine — a career planning program designed to help you choose a medical specialty and select and apply to a residency program - an AAMC student site
- Top 10 list of Tips on Surviving Residency
- You may wish to look at the residency pages at Careers In Medicine — an AAMC Website.
- Electives Book 2016-2017
- Electives Book 2015-2016 (archived).
- AAMC Electives Compendium — searchable database of elective opportunities at AAMC-member US medical schools.
- Core Clerkships
- Step 2 CS: Hard-Won experience — Advise from a student who took the test multiple times, not an official guide
- Objectively Structured Clinical Exams (OSCEs)
- Third World Medicine — Kenya Program
- Health & Disability Insurance
- MS IV Elective Change Form
- MS IV Special Elective Request Form
- Change Personal Information — address, name, birth date, or student ID number.
- Printing Subsidy — Part of the student technology fee at the IUSM–Indy campus is used to offset students’ printing costs. Third and fourth year students receive an allotment of 200 pages each. You can use your Jagtag (student ID) to print for free in the Medical Library and in MS016A. When your subsidy is almost exhausted, notify Card Services to switch to your own funds. (The switch-over doesn’t happen automatically until you hit zero, and when it does, you could lose printing capability until the next morning.)