How to Help a Student Upload an Answer File
After students click "Exit and Upload" at the end of their exam in SofTest, their answer file is usually uploaded automatically as soon as their internet connection is restored. In this case, students receive a green confirmation screen that their answer file was uploaded successfully.
However, sometimes an answer file doesn't upload automatically, and a student may get a small yellow upload failed screen. This could be because the internet didn't connect right away or at all or for other reasons. Here are the steps to try to get the answer file uploaded:
- Have the student close the yellow upload failed screen and double-click the SofTest icon. The answer file should begin automatically uploading once SofTest opens. Try this a couple of times if it doesn't work the first time.
- If the answer file still does not upload, check the internet connection. To make sure that the computer is connected to the internet, try opening a browser and navigating to a website, any website.
- If the computer is not connected to the internet, the student and/or the IT team will need to fix this problem first. Then have them retry the steps above to upload the answer file. The computer must be connected to the internet in order to upload an answer file.
- If the computer is connected to the internet but the answer file is still not uploading, have the student navigate to examsoft.com/manup and have him or her log in and follow the steps to manually upload the answer file.
- If none of the above steps works, please have the student contact ExamSoft so that their support staff can remote into the computer to retreive the answer file: 866-429-8889.